- - Banquets
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
This is a highly visible role designed to give the Kansas City Marriott Downtown a competitive edge in the convention market as well as attaining our goal of being the best Downtown Convention Marriott in the nation. This associate is well versed in the specific "Gold Keys" of event satisfaction for each group. This associate is responsible for bringing to life an enhanced level of service that is, "My Pleasure" to provide.
Responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned areas, including all room set-ups. Willing to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis as assigned by the Management Team.
1. Assembles chairs, tables and general supplies and transports them to the work area.
2. Sets rooms exactly to contracts and room diagrams; will ask directions if details are unclear.
3. Uses care in handling all hotel equipment.
4. Understands all banquet set ups and procedures and has complete knows of all equipment.
5. Must work well with others within a team atmosphere.
6. Requests help in moving heavy furniture. Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions observed in assigned area to the Manager on Duty (MOD).
7. Able to handle all guest requests in a courteous and professional manner.
8. Responsible for proper maintenance of all equipment that pertains to the banquet set-ups.
9. Any other duties as assigned by management.
10. Understands the JSA for the event services job
11. Reads and Comprehends BEO's to set up rooms appropriately.
12. Refreshes and checks in on events during breaks to ensure the room is kept clean.
13. Stays up-to-date on all safety procedures and precautions when working.
14. Special requests by customers and managers as needed.
1. Ability to ensure compliance with hotel standards, policies and procedures for self and the staff.
2. Ability to work without direct supervision and provide immediate follow-up.
3. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work assignments for self and the event managers you support.
4. Ability to be a clear thinker analyzes and resolves problems, and exercise good judgment when event manager is not available to you.
5. Ability to focus attention on details.
6. Ability to create read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) as well as read between the lines of a BEO to ensure all items listed or needed/anticipated are provided.
7. Ability to develop strong, productive, professional relationships with client contacts.
8. Ability to exert physical effort in assisting with all calls, directional or tight room turns as needed.
9. Ability to endure abundant physical movements in the carrying out of job duties.
10. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
1. Guest Relation/Problem Resolution Training/Boundary Boards/L.E.A.R.N. Method.
2. Time Management Training.
3. Emergency Response Procedure Training.
4. Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work when called upon to do so.
5. Physical effort required by the job includes standing, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
6. Must know how to use common housecleaning implements, such as mops, floor waxes, and scouring pads, to keep areas clean and well serviced.
7. Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
8. Basic competencies (basic computer skills, mathematical reasoning, oral comprehension, reading comprehension, writing).
1. Dynamic Personality. Inherent need to be of service to others. Able to fully execute Marriott standards of Brilliant Hosting.
2. 1 or more years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a quality hotel property.
3. Excellent Communication Skills via phone, email or verbally. In every meeting planner interaction Thoughtful, Dynamic, and Polished at all times.
4. Knowledge of all Hotel Services and Hours of Operation.
5. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, staff, and co-workers, to their understanding.
6. Ability to provide legible, written communication.
7. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
8. Knowledge of effective office and time management organizational practices.
9. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.