- - Banquets
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- On Call
This is a highly visible role designed to give the Kansas City Marriott Downtown a competitive edge in the convention market as well as attaining our goal of being the best Downtown Convention Marriott in the nation. This associate is well versed in the specific "Gold Keys" of event satisfaction for each group. This associate is responsible for bringing to life an enhanced level of service that is, "My Pleasure" to provide.
This associate provides the client contact and selected guests with pleasant little amenities, and special moments of magic above and beyond the normal and routine. This person assists their respective event planners with the details of their groups and provides a brilliant event experience for the general attendee.
1. Responsible for making sure all items on buffets are labeled correctly with all allergens accounted for.
2. Making sure all tables are set properly according to the BEO.
3. Make sure glasses stay full.
4. Provide guests with exceptional guest service.
2. Ability to ensure compliance with hotel standards, policies and procedures for self and the staff.
3. Ability to work without direct supervision and provide immediate follow-up.
4. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work assignments for self and the event managers you support.
5. Ability to be a clear thinker analyzes and resolves problems, and exercise good judgment when event manager, banquet captain or other managers are not available to you.
6. Ability to focus attention on details. Ability to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) as well as read between the lines of a BEO to ensure all items listed or needed/anticipated are provided.
7. Ability to develop strong, productive, professional relationships with client contacts.
8. Ability to exert physical effort in assisting with all calls, directional or tight room turns as needed.
9. Ability to endure abundant physical movements in the carrying out of job duties.
10. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
1. Guest Relation/Problem Resolution Training/Boundary Boards/L.E.A.R.N. Method.
2. Time Management Training.
3. Emergency Response Procedure Training.
4. Customer Service: Communication is key to the banquet server position. You will need to listen to the customer's order, answer customers' questions, and more. You will need great listening and speaking skills, a friendly, relaxing demeanor, courteousness and quick service to create a great dining experience for customers.
5. Stamina: Busy days on your feet, often for several hours, moving fast and carrying large trays of food over the shoulder are the trademark of a banquet server job.
6. Teamwork: Banquet servers are part of a team. You will be working with other servers and the cooking staff to make a great dining experience. Being a team player is essential.
7. Cleanliness: Nobody wants their food delivered by someone lacking cleanliness. Being clean and neat when serving food and drinks will help create a great first impression to your customers.
1. Dynamic Personality. Inherent need to be of service to others. Able to fully execute Marriott standards of Brilliant Hosting.
2. 1 or more years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a quality hotel property.
3. Excellent Communication Skills via phone, email or verbally. In every meeting planner interaction Thoughtful, Dynamic, and Inventive at all times.
4. Knowledge of all Hotel Services and Hours of Operation.
5. Ability to satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, staff, and co- workers, to their understanding.
6. Ability to provide legible, written communication.
7. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
8. Knowledge of effective office and time management organizational practices.
9. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
1. Sufficient strength to carry 40 lbs. in food trays.
2. Good mobility to deliver food to customers. Bending, reaching, lifting.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts