Fitness Center Attendant
- - Fitness Center
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Part Time
Admits and Greets hotel guests/members upon check-in; records necessary personal information, secures required signatures; prepares and supplies Fitness Center data to appropriate departments. Distributes necessary equipment/ supplies to hotel guests and members.
- Performs such pre-registering activities as:
- Verification of guest registry.
- Collecting any information necessary from members, i.e. ID, membership card, etc.
- Explaining hotel Fitness Center policies (hours of operation, membership questions, etc.) and answering guest inquiries.
- At time of entry, performs the following activities:
- Greets and receives guests.
- Obtains required signatures on membership forms as required.
- Clearly reviews the Fitness Center's policy and procedures at the time a member joins the Fitness Center.
- Notifies Director of Room Operations of any questions, complaints or concerns from the staff or guests.
- On designated shifts, calculates daily usage and verifies accuracy of supplies, attendance of guests and communicates at least monthly in written form to the Director of Room Operations.
- Answers daily inquiries of guests in person or via telephone regarding the Fitness Center procedures, and services; when necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate person or department elsewhere in the hotel; provides directions for finding other areas within the hotel.
- For part time or full time shifts, the attendant makes certain that the front desk is attended. The front area cannot be left unattended for any reason, at any time.
- Light cleaning duties including equipment, floor care, pool and pool area. Must be able to reach ceiling heights to be to wipe down and sanitize cable machine and pull-up bars.
- Must be able to lift at least 45 lbs. multiple times a day to make sure the weights are organized and in proper storage locations.
- Under the direction of the Director of Room Operations, conducts on-the-job training of new associates in the Fitness Center.
- Eventually, all Fitness Center attendants will be responsible for attaining their life-savers license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- At least one year of office or clerical experience. One to three months on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of Downtown area and hotel preferred.
- Ability to type at least 50 wpm; knowledge of computers and basic accounting is helpful.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate.
- CPR training required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts