Front Desk Clerk
- - Front Office
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the proper handling of check-ins, check-outs and other Front office duties. Plays a key role regarding guest contact. Has the responsibility for hotel funds and must maintain funds in balance. Will be trained on the PMS system as well as other Front Office Procedures.
- Organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations.
- Secure payment; verify and adjust billing. Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges; provide change.
- Verify all guest information is accurate and valid to hotel and brand policies and standards.
- Activate and file room keys.
- Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Identify and explain room features to guests; Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Follow up on any outstanding requests or problems from the previous shift and are resolved.
- Run and review daily reports/logs.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Count bank at beginning and end of shift; secure bank.
- Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft, lost or misplaced items.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls.
- Advice guests of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes, deliveries, packages) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Knowledge of hotel emergency procedures and how to respond.
- Operate the Guest Services desk when necessary.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- At least one year of experience in direct customer service, preferably within a retail or hospitality setting.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and keep calm when stressed.
- Be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.