Housekeeping Quality Control - Room Inspector
- - Housekeeping
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for supervising the housekeeping duties of room attendants. Inspects cleanliness to ensure standards are met and reports accordingly.
1. Picks up floor assignment and signs out required floor keys and pager
2. Reports to assigned floor. Checks closet for proper supplies and informs Linen Room Coordinator of depleted supplies.
3. Checks for rooms requesting early cleaning and assigns these to proper boards.
4. Confirms Your Choice Housekeeping rooms and Maintenance rooms, reports discrepancies to Linen Room Attendant or Manager on Duty
5. Inspects Hallways/Vents/Windows/Service Areas to ensure cleanliness and functionality, report issues to proper personnel.
6. Ensures VIPs/Special Requests have been issued and fulfilled accurately.
7. Replace In-Room Amenities as needed and instructed, including any stayover rooms – informed by Room Attendants
8. Receive departures report, complete and return to Linen Room Coordinator
9. Inspect Vacant Dirty rooms, touching up lightly as needed or requesting Room Attendant to address the room again and confirm room is Ready for guest rental
10. Completes PM Reports, informs Linen Room Coordinator of discrepancies
11. Assists Room Attendants with rooms to ensure they finish the day at the correct time
12. Champion communication and follow-up of Lost and Found items to Security Control B
13. Monitor cart assignments, include correct cart location, cleanliness of carts, correct Room Attendant using cart
14. Organize and clean linen closet, inventory throughout day
15. Attends pre-shift meeting on time
16. Practice Brilliant Hosting Techniques, including the 15/5 Rule, Personal Connections and thank each guest for staying with us
17. Other projects and duties as assigned by managers
18. Turns in assignment board and key at end of shift.
19. Trained in safe use of all equipment and cleaning supplies.
20. Communicate and work effectively with Linen Room Coordinator, Houseperson, Houseperson Supervisor, Management team
21. Attend any Marriott designated training, assigned by Human Resources or Management
22. Clean rooms if necessary
23. Other duties as assigned by management
1. Physical strength and dexterity to operate necessary machinery and perform all required cleaning duties; jobs may require frequent bending, kneeling, reaching and twisting
2. Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs.
3. Schedule flexibility including nights, weekends and holidays as business demands
4. Neat appearance in accordance to Marriott Kansas City Downtown standards
5. Friendly demeanor during interactions with hotel guests and staff members.
6. Communicate effectively with guests, staff and management
7. Ability to read any special instructions and to understand labels on cleaning products
8. Time management and prioritization skills
9. Effectively handle guest requests
10. Ability to handle stress and moments of pressure
11. Previous Housekeeping or leadership experience desirable