- - Sales
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for solicitation and contracting of conventions, meetings and other group/catering business in designated territories or industries. Market deployment may be as few as 10 rooms on peak night or as many as 800 rooms on peak night, and will be determined by experience and performance. Two or more years successful hotel sales experience preferably in a major meetings destination market is preferred, and ability to travel is required. Experience and proven performance may make the right applicant eligible for designation and compensation in the future as a 'Senior' sales manager and/or with a major market deployment.
1. Knowledge of hotel group sales process and commonly-recognized industry best practices.
2. Brilliant, dynamic, and thoughtful personality with a supportive, collaborative, service-minded focus to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
3. Conduct daily sales efforts to potential clients with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
4. Maintain and promote sales philosophy/strategy of hotel leadership and management company.
5. Understanding and achievement of measurable individual room night, revenue, and service goals.
6. Ability to learn Marriott's Consolidated Inventory and Total Yield systems (CI/TY®), and to skillfully perform all essential tasks associated with proper and effective usage of these programs.
7. Attend daily/weekly/monthly sales department and/or hotel meetings as determined appropriate by leadership.
8. Ensure customer satisfaction, assuring repeat and continued business for the hotel.
9. Responsible for all aspects of sales solicitation and negotiation.
10. Maintains positive relationships with the staffs of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, Convention Center, Marriott Global Sales, and other downtown hotels to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
11. Periodic travel to industry trade shows, customer events, week-long sales trips and other educational events as directed and scheduled in advance.
12. Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends.
13. Create selling strategies to capture the maximum revenues and exceed established team and individual sales goals.
14. Mentors staff members and serve as a positive example for all hotel associates.
15. Ensures business is turned over to Event Management team properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
16. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked through excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Brilliant, dynamic, and thoughtful personality with a supportive, collaborative, service-minded focus.
3. Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
4. Self-starter with understanding and achievement of measurable individual room night, revenue, and service goals.
5. Excellent organization skills and a team player.
6. Ability to travel to industry trade shows, customer events, sales trips and other educational events as directed.
7. Understands the overall market – competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc and knows how to sell against them.
8. Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and location needs.
9. Understands hotels primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Four-year degree in hospitality management, marketing, business, or sales preferred.
2. Two or more years successful hotel sales experience preferably in a major meetings destination market.