Stewarding Team Leader
- - Stewarding
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Assist Stewarding Management Team in overall supervision and coordination of departments, daily assignments and tasks. Helps ensure in the maintenance of a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates in the kitchen and service areas.
1. Assign associates to work areas based on day's activities an individual capabilities.
2. Must have knowledge and be able to train for understanding of hotel policies, procedures and sanitation standards.
3. Monitor proper usage of supplies, equipment, chemicals and silverware.
4. Responsible for monitoring associates assigned to their team to maintain a safe, productive and organized work area.
5. Monitor and maintain a professional appearance for Self & Team Members.
6. Responsible for punctuality and reporting to supervisor at beginning and end of shift. This will enable continuity of assignment of assignments made and necessary follow-up.
7. Communicate in a positive manner and maintain a courteous manner with all associates and hotel guests.
8. Responsible for reporting equipment break down and any occurrence of a critical or unusual nature to the proper supervisor.
9. May be required to participate in any job task of the department to include and or all of the essential functions of the Utility Steward position which are:
• Responsible for keeping all steam kettles, tilt skillets, and VCM clean.
• Washes all pots and pans and store neatly in work area. Keep storage shelves clean and dry
• Required to follow the designated instructions for cleaning and maintaining each work area and the equipment in that area
• Scrapes out all pots and pans in trash before washing in 3 compartment sink by hand.
• Responsible for proper use of chemicals in pot station i.e. pot soap and disinfectant. Rotate stocks and supplies as needed.
• Change water as needed for best cleaning results
• Ensures items are air-dried before storing.
• Keeps pot and pan storage racks clean including surround floor, walls and sinks.
• Maintains work area in a clean, organized state.
• May be asked to participate in any of the job responsibilities of the department to include but not limited to: dishwashing, silver cleaning, dish machine operation, food handling, dish-up, mopping floors, trash removal, transporting food or equipment, and set-up for food functions.
• Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets.
• Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly including removing any paper and hosing down interior
• Washes and store in proper places...all china, trays, silver and small equipment for the department
• Checks water temperature during dishwashing operation to ensure proper temperature
• Removes trash from dish room and places in dumpster.
• Clean and sanitize garbage cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
• Cleans and keeps neat dish room area including detergent storage area and belt line from dining rooms
10. Operates equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
11. Maintain a professional appearance throughout the entire shift
12. Other projects and duties as assigned by management
1. Ability to frequently lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
2. Ability to perform upward reaching, bending kneeling, and crawling motion
3. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift
4. Regularly required to handle food and beverage
5. Excellence communication skills, verbal and written
6. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.