Assistant Restaurant Manager
- - Metropolitan KC
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Ensures that the outlets are opened in a timely and orderly fashion, oversees smooth outlet operations including staffing, set-up, service and break down ensuring excellent guest service, all the while being a Thoughtful, Dynamic and Polished host.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
• Manage all outlets staff including Metropolitan KC Restaurant, Fresh Bites In-Room Dining, Bar Central, Coffee Central and our VIP M-Lounge.
• Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of restaurant.
• Oversee department in absence of Outlet Manager.
• Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniform.
• Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention Human Resources as necessary.
• Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis.
• Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately.
• Comply with all hotel and department accounting procedures. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
• Recognize associate successes
• Ensure that all outlets open on time and in an orderly fashion.
• Stay current on daily specials, new menu items and specifications including proper preparation methods.
• Visit every table on shift to ensure service standards are being met. Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
• Conduct daily preshift meetings. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
• Ensure that all side work is completed and restaurant cleanliness meets standards prior to the end of shift and or allowing associate(s) to leave. Ensure food sanitation practices are followed.
• Identify potential problems and solutions in restaurant guest service.
• Empower associates to meet or exceed guest expectations.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
• Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
• Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, fair employment practices and the Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
• Understand and comply with all state laws. Must hold valid liquor license. Exercise judgment in serving liquor in order to protect the guest and the property.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Complete weekly associate schedule and input into payroll system
• Execute special promotions and incentive contests
• Ensure all associates are following their schedules and taking breaks.
• Complete work orders for maintenance items
• Assist management with training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, coaching, disciplining and motivating associates
• Serve as a role model and first point of contact of associate and guest complaints
• Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards
• Maintains Thoughtful, Dynamic, Polished and Brilliant customer service.
• Must enjoy working with the people
• Must be able to obtain a Missouri Liquor Card
• Job knowledge flexibility/adaptability
• Quality of work perseverance
• Quantity of work organization skills
• Guest focus/customer service effort
• Reliability/dependability judgment/problem solving
• Motivation/initiative cooperation/teamwork
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts