- - Metropolitan KC
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the managing the operation of all five Food & Beverage Outlets, with a primary responsibility over the Restaurant, MetropolitanKC. Focusing on daily opportunities to provide exemplary service to hotel guests, team building, forecasting and budgeting, etc.
1. Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
2. Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
3. Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
4. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
5. Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
6. Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
7. Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
8. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
9. Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
10. Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
11. Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
12. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
13. Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
14. Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
15. Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
16. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
17. Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
18. Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
19. Manages day-to-day operations of all outlets, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
20. Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
21. Acts as the guest service role model for the outlets, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
22. Handles guest problems and complaints.
23. Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
24. Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
25. Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
26. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
27. Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
28. Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
29. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
30. Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
31. Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
32. Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
33. Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
34. Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
35. Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
36. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Bachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
2. Minimum of 5 years food & beverage experience, 3 years supervisory or management experience.
3. Good organizational skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff.
4. Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with public as well as staff.
5. Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time or entire shift.
6. Ability to execute frequent movements such as lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crawling, and reaching.
7. Varied and flexible shift: requires night, weekends and holidays.