- - Restaurant Kitchen
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Works in conjunction with the Chefs to ensure the proper functioning of the entire kitchen operation.
1. In conjunction with the Chefs, assists in the selection of staff members, sets up training programs and implements such programs.
2. Responsible for the maintenance of the food production standards throughout the hotel through sous chefs and hourly associates.
3. Responsible for all facets of the kitchen department in the absence of a chef.
4. Responsible for the proper opening and closing procedures of the shift and kitchens.
5. Responsible for maintaining the highest A.S.I. hygiene and cleanliness standards.
6. Stay abreast of new food trends and kitchen equipment, always looking to improve kitchen costs.
7. Responsible for ensuring that the proper flow of food from the storeroom is carried out. Ensures that the items already in the kitchen can be circulated to reduce spoilage.
8. Ensures that no food is to be prepared or issued without first receiving a check form the restaurant or proper inner-kitchen requisition from authorized personnel.
9. Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and disciplinary actions of all kitchen staff.
10. Assists the chefs in monitoring and controlling payroll, daily food costs and labor costs.
11. Assists in the scheduling of the department based on need and business demand.
12. Develops inter/intra departmental relations to establish closer working ties with food and beverage managers, supervisors and staff.
13. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. Graduation from a well-known culinary school or demonstration of previous successful management of a quality restaurant.
2. Several years of culinary experience, supervisory experience preferred.
3. Ability to deal with a diverse staff and to operate efficiently despite stressful time pressure.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts