- - Restaurant Kitchen
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Must be knowledgeable of production in all areas of the kitchen in order to ensure quality products in all sections of the kitchen.
1. Maintains food quality and services in accordance with standardized kitchen recipes and procedures.
2. Effectively operates the kitchen production and utility (cleaning).
3. Maintains budgeted cost and profits of all the above areas.
4. Ensures use records are enforced and all production charts are filled an pars are maintained.
5. Must take the lead in sanitation and safety standards.
6. Enforce the clean as you go policy.
7. Makes daily inspections of refrigerators to ensure food is stored and rotated, supervises production and service of food.
8. Should have good relations with kitchen and service personnel to keep a good balance between both staffs.
9. Responsible on a continuous basis to train all cooks and new associates. Develop a progressive training program.
10. Be familiar with policies related to the food and beverage department as well as daily and weekly administration duties in office, schedules, training activities and progress reports.
11. Responsible for opening (A.M.) and closing (P.M.) of all refrigerators and storage areas.
12. Assists with menu development.
13. Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
1. Sufficient reading ability to read recipes and production schedules and to prepare daily production report.
2. Good attention to detail so that products are attractive and of consistently good quality.
3. Willingness to work schedule that may include early morning hours and long hours during holiday periods.
4. Willingness to cooperate as part of a team to produce a variety of products that may vary from day to day.
1. Ability to stand for long periods of times.
2. Sufficient strength to handle ingredients and recipe quantities.
3. Sufficient visual acuity to observe products to see whether they are cooked properly and to decorate items as required.