- - Accounting
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for all billing functions for 970 room convention hotel. Duties include determining credit worthiness of billing requests, accurate invoice assembly and timely billing, and collection of outstanding accounts. Additional duties include posting credit card authorizations and payments, reconciling Marriott loyalty reimbursements, submitting travel commission batches for payment and preparing various reports for management. This position works closely with our Sales and Event Management teams and leads weekly group resume meetings. A staff of two support the Credit Manager in the performance of duties.
- Establishes guidelines for approving billing of accounts and tax exempt status.
- Reviews credit requests in advance of arrival and determines credit worthiness, establishing limits as needed.
- Monitors timely pre-payment for upcoming events.
- Maintain a data base of all Companies approved for billing with the hotel.
- Maintain a data base of all Companies who are tax exempt.
- Works closely with Sales and Event Management teams in communicating billing limits, invoicing and subsequent collection. Leads weekly resume meeting.
- Makes collection calls to minimize outstanding past due accounts and maximize cash flow.
- Informs management of relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Prepares group pickup worksheets showing daily room pickup and associated comp rooms and rebates earned.
- Posts credit card payments and city ledger payments as received.
- Manage and approve group and transient commission batches.
- Oversees reconciliation and posting of banquet and AV charges to accounts.
- Supervises a staff of two to respond to guest inquiry calls and assist with daily duties.
- Prepares an aging at the end of each month in addition to other reports for management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Prior Credit Manager experience with a convention hotel preferred.
- Knowledge of Marriott International systems a plus, particularly PMS and CI/TY.
- Strong organization and planning skills a must.