- - Stewarding - Department Head
- Kansas City, MO, USA
Provides clean and sanitary pots, pans, kettles and braisers. Washes and stores properly all china, trays, silver and smalls equipment for the departments. Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Responsible for keeping all steam kettles, tilt skillets and VCM clean.
- Washes all pots and pans and store neatly in work area. Keep storage shelves clean and dry.
- Required to follow the designated instructions for cleaning and maintaining each work area and the equipment in that area.
- The usage of chemicals and other cleaning supplies must be in line with guidelines established to offset proper cost controls.
- Responsible for reporting any problems with equipment, supplies or other issues in question to the supervisor on duty.
- Responsible for reporting to the supervisor at the beginning and end of each shift so work assignments can be made and work performance inspected.
- Scrapes out all pots and pans in trash before washing in 3 compartment sink by hand.
- Responsible for proper use of chemicals in pot station, i.e. pot soap and disinfectant. Rotate stocks and supplies as needed.
- Change water as needed for best cleaning results.
- Ensures items are air-dried before storing.
- Keeps pot and pan storage racks clean including surrounding floor, walls and sinks.
- Maintains work area in a clean, organized state.
- Maintains a friendly courteous manner with fellow associates and guests.
- May be asked to participate in any of the job responsibilities of the department to include but not limited to: dishwashing, silver cleaning, dish machine operation, food handling, dish-up, mopping floors, trash removal, transporting food or equipment and set-up for food functions.
- Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens and baskets.
- Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly including removing any paper and hosing down interior.
- Washes and stores in proper places, all china, trays, silver and small equipment for the department.
- Checks water temperature during dishwashing operation to ensure proper temperature.
- Removes trash from dish room and places in dumpster.
- Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
- Cleans and keeps neat dish room area including detergent storage area and belt line from dining rooms.
- Operates equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Maintain a profession appearance throughout entire shift.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform upward reaching, bending, kneeling and crawling motions.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
- Regularly required to handle food and beverages.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Kansas City Marriott Downtown https://kcmarriott.plansource.com