Food and Beverage Management Trainee
- - Outlets - Division Head
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Assists management in overall supervision and coordination of Food and Beverage Departments, including Outlets, Banquets, and/or Stewarding. Ensures the Food and Beverage departments are opened in a timely and orderly fashion, oversees smooth operations including staffing, set-up, service and break down ensuring excellent guest service.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
• Assist in managing Food and Beverage staff including our Outlets, Banquets and/or Stewarding staff.
• Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
• Oversee department in absence of the Department Head or Assistant Managers.
• Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment, PPE and uniform.
• Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Head and Human Resources, as necessary.
• Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis.
• Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately.
• Comply with all hotel and department accounting procedures. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures, when necessary.
• Acknowledges key upcoming events and plans for their success with Event Managers and key hotel leaders.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
• Stay current on daily specials, new menu items and specifications including proper preparation methods.
• Visit every table on shift to ensure service standards are being met when in Outlets. Utilize property Service Recovery processes.
• Conduct daily preshift meetings.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates, and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
• Ensure that all department administrative work is completed timely.
• Ensure cleanliness meets standards prior to the end of shift and or allowing associate(s) to leave. Ensure food sanitation practices are followed.
• Identify potential problems and solutions in guest service.
• Empower associates to meet or exceed guest expectations.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
• Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, fair employment practices and the Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
• Understand and comply with all state laws. Must hold valid liquor license. Exercise judgment in serving liquor in order to protect the guest and the property.
• Assist with weekly associate schedules and input into payroll system.
• Assist management with training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, coaching, disciplining and motivating associates.
• Other projects or duties as assigned by management.
• Associate's or bachelor's degree, preferably in Hospitality Management, Food and Beverage Management, or a related field.
• Prior Food and Beverage lead or supervisory experience required.
• Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
• Must be able to obtain a Missouri Liquor Card.
• Ability to push, pull or lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time or entire shift.