- - Banquets
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Banquet Housemen are responsible for the setup and breakdown of meeting room sets. Responsibilities also include maintaining the cleanliness and order of meeting rooms and storage areas.
1. Assembles chairs, tables and general supplies and transports them to the work area.
2. Sets rooms exactly to set list and room diagrams; will ask for direction if details are unclear.
3. Uses care in handling all hotel equipment.
4. Understands all banquet set ups and procedures and has complete knowledge of all equipment.
5. Must work well with others within a team atmosphere.
6. Requests help in moving heavy furniture to ensure safe practices. Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions observed in assigned area to management.
7. Able to handle all guest request in a courteous and professional manner.
8. Responsible for proper maintenance of all equipment that pertains to the banquet set ups.
9. Refreshes and checks in on events during breaks to ensure the room is kept clean.
10. Stays up to date on all safety procedures and precautions when working.
11. Must be able to be flexible on set changes and timeline adjustments.
12. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. One or more years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a quality hotel property.
2. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
3. Physical effort required by the job includes standing, bending, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
4. Must know how to use common housecleaning tools, such as mops, floor waxes and scouring pads, to keep areas clean and well serviced.
5. Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
6. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime when needed is preferred.