Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
- - Outlets - Division Head
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Works with F&B Department Heads and F&B Directors to manage the operation of all Food & Beverage Departments, including Outlets, Stewarding and Banquets. Focusing on daily opportunities to provide exemplary service to hotel guests, team building, forecasting and budgeting, etc.
1. Manages employees and understands employee positions in order to supervise and perform duties in employees' absence.
2. Maintains service and sanitation standards in F&B departments.
3. Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
4. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
5. Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
6. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
7. Acknowledges key upcoming events and plans for their success with Event Management/Sales staff.
8. Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands-on management.
9. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, food handling and sanitation standards from a state, federal and brand level.
10. Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
11. Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
12. Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service, and ensures quality and standards to meet customer expectations.
13. Responds to guest problems and complaints.
14. Assists in managing departmental inventories, costs and maintains equipment for each F&B department, when applicable.
15. Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
16. Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
17. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates in the absence of the Department Head, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance, and ensuring disciplinary procedures are met, when necessary.
18. Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained on safety procedures in the F&B departments.
19. Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
20. Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
21. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. Bachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
2. Minimum of 3 years food & beverage experience, 1 years of leadership experience.
3. Good organizational skills and communication skills for managing diverse duties and staff.
4. Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with public as well as staff.
5. Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time or entire shift.
6. Ability to execute frequent movements such as bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching and lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
7. Varied and flexible shift: requires night, weekends and holidays.