Assistant Manager of Loss Prevention and VIP Services
- - Loss Prevention and VIP Services - Department Head
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the administration and operation of the Loss Prevention & VIP Services Department. Champion the protection of hotel, guests and associates and their property. Responsible for the highest level of guest service/satisfaction and ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for internal and external guests.
1. Serve as an ambassador of the hotel to all internal and external guests by enthusiastically embracing the Marriott corporate and workplace cultures.
2. Embrace, model and promote the Marriott culture through the Art of Hosting brand standards. Coaching and cultivating the staff to exemplify brilliant hosting each day. Lead and engage the staff to express their ideas and deliver on this brand standard by making personal connections and responding to cues with internal and external guests.
3. Professionally respond to Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Social Media comments in a timely manner.
4. Serve as a catalyst to evolve the Loss Prevention & VIP Services Department regarding service, processes, procedures, efficiency and effectiveness.
5. Advises management of any irregularity in employee or guest behavior or theft.
6. Collaborates with key management on any unusual security measures or events. Supports Director and may recommend changes in hotel operating procedures and equipment to support enhanced security or protective measures needed.
7. Reviews and monitors daily reports from Loss Prevention associates, issuing suggestions to counteract unsatisfactory or irregular conditions. Communicates and partners with Department Heads on associate behavior and security measures.
8. First responder to engage and expedite any guest and associate issues concerning loss, damage, accidents, injuries or disputes. Manage guests and associate statements, investigations and interviews as needed. Make suggestions on settlements and or appeasement with individuals. Work closely with Insurance Carrier and partner with the Human Resources team.
9. Periodically inspect all hotel areas for security violations. Works closely with Assistant Managers and other department heads. Under the direction of the General Manager, procures warrants against employees or guests defrauding hotel or theft of property. Represents hotel in court procedures, assisting attorney when necessary.
10. Assists Director with local police on matters of vice, gambling, theft, and special security requirements for unusual events and functions. Work closely with KCFD, Secret Service and other Loss Prevention or Security peers within the local community.
11. Partners with the Human Resources Department. Directly responsible for guest/associate safety and accident prevention programs. This includes reporting and investigation of associate accidents, reasonable suspicion and worker's compensation cases.
12. Responsible for payroll, budgeting and staffing, log book and reports, fire, tornado and bomb threat and medical emergencies.
13. Champions regular safety drills, training and communication.
14. Chair and/or Co-chair the hotel's Safety Committee.
15. Manage effective lost and found process and procedures.
16. Oversight and management of surveillance, guard tour and other security and property processes and systems.
17. Oversight of off-duty officer staff.
18. Other projects and assignments as directed by management.
1. 1-3 years previous Management experience with similar Security or Loss Prevention responsibilities in the service industry
2. Demonstrated leadership skills with subordinates, peers and above level managers
3. Previous proven problem resolution experience required
4. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs, Word and Excel
5. Flexible schedule required including weekends, overnights and holidays
6. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50lbs.
7. Must be able to sit, stand, walk and climb up and down stairs for long periods of time or during entire shift.
8. Proficient/certified in CPR and emergency procedures.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and lead during times of crisis.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, planning, organizing and multi-tasking skills required.