Assistant Front Office Manager
- - Front Office - Department Head
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Bell Staff, Switchboard Operations (At Your Service), and Guest Services/Front Desk, as applicable. Directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the hotel.
1. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
2. Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
3. Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
4. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
5. Handles employee questions and concerns.
6. Supports daily Front Office shift operations.
7. Supports day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
8. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
9. Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
10. Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
11. Strives to improve service performance.
12. Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
13. Supports training of staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
14. Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
15. Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
16. Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
17. Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
18. Sets a positive example for guest relations.
19. Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
20. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
21. Supports implementation of customer recognition/service programs, communicating and ensuring the process.
22. Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
23. Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
24. Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and aid in problem resolution.
25. Assist in the hiring and training of all new department associates.
26. Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
27. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
28. Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
29. Complete disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard Operating Procedures, and with direction from supervisor and Human Resources.
30. Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
31. Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
32. Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
33. Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information, in multiple forms and in a timely manner.
34. Performs all duties at the Front Office as necessary.
35. Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
36. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. Bachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
2. Minimum of two years Front Office experience, preferably in a large convention market, or completion of hotel management training program.
3. Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with public as well as staff.
4. Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time or entire shift.
5. Varied and flexible shift: requires night, weekends and holidays.