- - Restaurant Kitchen
- MO, USA
- Full Time
To assist the Restaurant Chefs and Banquet Chefs in the preparation of food for all outlets, following menu specifications and standard recipes for service to customers in all outlets. Strive for picture perfect plate presentation, the Banquets Department and Cold Foods.
• Maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude toward all external and internal customers and employees at all times.
• Has a complete understanding of culinary weights and measurements; liquid ounces vs. dry, measurement equivalents and can demonstrate these skills.
• Can easily define, identify and utilize many food items, proteins, vegetables, herbs, seasonings and spices.
• Can demonstrate basic knife skills; boning, carving, slicing, precision chopping. Cuts or slices individual serving portions as directed.
• Can demonstrate proper and safe handling of various kitchen equipment: VCM, ovens, tilt skillet, fryers, robot coupe, broiler and large mixers.
• Assists chefs by preparing menu items and performing duties such as preparing soups or sauces, roasting, sautéing, braising, smoking, frying various proteins and vegetables.
• Reads, understands and follows written recipes. Able to amend and adapt recipes to greater or lesser volume. Help devise systems to make production more efficient.
• Can demonstrate basic skills of roasting, baking frying, sautéing, steaming, broiling and braising.
• Understands basic meat cookery and doneness temperatures.
• Encourage and abide by all health codes and hand washing guidelines.
• Ensure consistent product delivery to the customer
• Be an integral part of interdepartmental relations to help with teamwork.
• Have the desire to work to develop yourself to eventually advance to a Cook III.
• Comply with all policies and procedures established by Marriott and departmental management.
• Other duties as assigned or any reasonable request from any member of management.
• A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
• At least two years of experience in food preparation and food knowledge.
• Must be able to work any assigned shift, including late nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Ability to perform all cooking duties.
• Successful completion of any classes or certifications required.
• Ability to work the line in different locations, including, but not limited to, sauté, broiler, appetizer, pantry, pasta, and grill.
• Ability to read and gather all necessary items for recipe execution.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to prepare an order list for recipe preparations.
• Ability to perform all duties at a higher level of accuracy and speed than a Cook I.
• Basic knife skills.
• Full knowledge of the MSDS program.
• Read, write, and understand simple instructions.
• Communicate appropriately with all customers, Hotel departments, and fellow team members.
• Accurately perform all assigned job duties in a high-volume, fast-paced environment under frequent time pressures.
1. Hot, humid conditions in kitchen.
2. Danger of burns from stoves or hot liquids.
3. Slick floors – Prone to slips and falls
4. Sharp and dangerous equipment; caution should be observed at all times.