Assistant Executive Steward
- - Stewarding - Department Head
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Assists the Executive Steward in the overall supervision and coordination of activities in the Stewarding Department. Directly supervises the Stewarding Department in the absence of the Executive Steward.
1. Maintains the responsibility for the cleanliness and sanitation of each area under your supervision.
2. Maintains the responsibility for the repair and cleanliness of all service equipment within your areas.
3. Assists supervisors in the inventory counts of china, glassware, silver and other equipment and makes reports on such inventories required.
4. Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken.
5. Supervises and manages associates. Manages all day-to-day operations in conjunction with or in the absence of the Executive Steward. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
6. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting and communicating performance standards and expectations, and monitoring performance.
7. Make contribution and suggestions in order to make the department more profitable and productive.
8. Maintain a good working relationship and with rapport with other F&B managers.
9. Maintain proper pars for china, glassware, silverware, etc. needed for entire food and beverage area.
10. Responsible for reporting problems with equipment, supplies or other issues in question to Executive Steward.
11. Knowledge and understanding of all hotel policies, procedures, practices and sanitation standards.
12. Maintains a professional image at all times.
13. Performs job duties in a safe and proactive manner to minimize the probability of accidents and sees that all associates do the same.
14. Trains and develops Supervisors, Team Leaders and Associates.
15. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. High School Diploma required, preferred Bachelor's degree.
2. Minimum 1 years of experience in Food & Beverage or Hotel management, hotel stewarding experience strongly preferred.
3. Ability to frequently lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
4. Ability to perform upward reaching, bending, kneeling and crawling motions.
5. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
6. Regularly required to handle food and beverages.
7. Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
8. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.