- - Banquets
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Banquet Captains are responsible for administrating individual food and beverage events and attending to the needs of the event to the contact and their attendees. Captains should plan for the events with the department Director or Manager and determine and execute additional details leading to flawless events. Captains are responsible for overseeing Banquets staff assigned to their events and holding them accountable for their execution and responsibilities from setup to teardown.
- Oversees directly Banquet food and beverage events, giving special attention to the customer's request and special guest accommodations.
- Strives consistently to develop team unity and enthusiasm by all associates as well as high standards of service.
- Manages servers and bartenders for the successful setting of tables and other pre-event duties.
- Supports and enforces all safety measures.
- Plans effective use of staff by careful utilization and scheduling; works closely with Kitchen, Stewarding and Event Managers with effective communication. Holds pre-function meeting with servers to ensure all are briefed on the menu and duties for the function.
- Manages the break-down of banquet food and beverage events with efficient use of staff.
- Ensures that all associates are treated fairly and that grievances are handled quickly.
- Performs job appraisals as assigned.
- Oversees assigned events for successful execution of timeliness, key details and providing outstanding service by our entire staff.
- Completes a captain's reports for events more than 250 guests.
- Works in conjunction with 3rd party organizations involved in certain events.
- Complete posting of event checks and distribute paperwork per established policies.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration, marketing or similar field or at least 5 years of Banquet operations experience.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Tactful and friendly manner in dealing with both guests and staff.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Good judgement, creativity and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Available to work without direct supervision and provide immediate follow up.
- Ability to be a clear thinker to analyze and resolve problems and exercise good judgement when needed.
- Ability to focus on event details as outlined on BEOs to ensure all items listed or needed/anticipated are provided.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, CI/TY and Micros as these systems may apply to job duties.