- - Event Management
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with property departments and clients to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases. This position handles a variety of events including meetings, conferences, and social catering events. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with group clients to ensure guest satisfaction and loyalty.
- Completes and ensures accuracy for all event documentation including Banquet Event Orders, Diagrams, and Group Resumes for assigned groups.
- Attends Banquet Event Order Meetings, Resume Meetings, Staff Meetings, 10 Day Meetings and Scrub Meetings weekly.
- Communicates the expectations of the group to all hotel departments.
- Guides meeting planners to help create premiere events.
- Coordinates with client hired vendors to ensure hotel guidelines and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other departments, and ensuring accuracy.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Work without direct supervision and provide immediate follow-up with appropriate personnel.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Integrates current trends in event management and event design.
- Facilitates client planning meetings, site visits, and tastings as appropriate.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other associates.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Maximizes revenue by upselling products and ensuring contractual obligations are met by group.
- Forecasts and projects group sleeping rooms and event revenue for assigned groups.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, or related field preferred.
- Two to Three years in event management required, previous banquet management strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in CI/TY preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to keep strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Willingness to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays as required and to maintain a flexible schedule.