Group Housing Coordinator
- - Group Housing
- MO, USA
- Part Time
The group housing coordinator is responsible for coordinating group room reservations and related functions with in-house departments, affiliates, and outside group contacts. They should provide and maintain sincere, courteous, and knowledgeable service to all guests and associates. They should be proficient in all areas of reservations and general operations of the hotel. They maintain ownership of group blocks, including pickup numbers, reservation methods, billing, and proper treatment of VIP guests.
Rooms Reservations Processing:
1. Accurately process reservations, changes, and cancellations via correspondence of group rooming lists, cards. Housing forms, or by any other media so selected by group client, and approved by the hotel.
2. Load group bocks in MGS, PMS, and MARSHA, including booking suites following the established booking procedures.
3. Accurately process VIP and staff reservation, including complimentary rooms.
4. Review group resumes and rooming lists to ensure accuracy and fulfill any special requests.
5. Be able to process and build/take from blocks for affiliate groups, including tracking and maintaining inventory.
General Rooming and Group Billing
1. Classify, record, and summarize rooming and billing data to compile and keep rooming and billing records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
2. Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for billing.
3. Access computerized billing information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
4. Generate billing/housing reports from computer system as needed.
5. Understand and facilitate the process of overflow rooms with Event Manager and group contact.
6. Be able to ensure group billing is set up accurately, and conduct daily bill reviews while groups are in house including presenting the banquet checks for signature daily.
7. Post all miscellaneous charges and scan these items along with the banquet checks to ensure signed back up is on the final invoice.
8. Process Group Bill before and after event including researching billing disputes and submitting adjustments.
9. Understand and be able to process advance deposits in conjunction with group bookings.
10. Attend all pre-convention meetings related to specific group and housing procedures.
11. Be available on the major arrival dates for all assigned groups, including assisting front desk with any issues that arise regarding group.
12. Communicate weekly with Revenue Managers and Event Managers as to the status of the groups.
13. Work closely with group contacts; maintain open lines of communication regarding changes in status of each group, i.e. pickup, slippage, cutoff dates, etc.
1. Code documents according to company policies and procedures.
2. Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
3. Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
4. Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
5. Complete reports as specified.
1. Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
2. Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
1. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
2. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
3. Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
4. Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
1. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
2. Read and visually verify information in a variety of format; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
3. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to to 10 pounds without assistance.
Policies and Procedures
1. Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
2. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
3. Follow company and department policies and procedures.
4. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
1. High school diploma/GED equivalent, preferred bachelor's degree in related discipline
2. Minimum of 1 year of related work experience, preferably in hotel front office or event management.
3. Preferred knowledge of Marriott Full Service PMS & MARSHA systems.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook