- - Stewarding
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Afternoon - Evening Shifts Available!
Provides clean and sanitary pots, pans, kettles and braisers. Washes and stores properly, all china, trays, silver and smalls equipment for the departments. Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
1. Responsible for keeping all steam kettles, tilt skillets and VCM clean.
2. Washes all pots and pans and store neatly in work area. Keep storage shelves clean and dry.
3. Required to follow the designated instructions for cleaning and maintaining each work area and the equipment in that area.
4. The usage of chemicals and other cleaning supplies must be in line with guidelines established to offset proper cost controls.
5. Responsible for reporting any problems with equipment, supplies or other issues in question to the supervisor on duty.
6. Responsible for reporting to work on time. Reporting to the supervisor at the beginning and end of each shift so work assignments can be made and work performance inspected.
7. Scrapes out all pots and pans in trash before washing in 3 compartment sink by hand.
8. Responsible for proper use of chemicals in pot station, i.e. pot soap and disinfectant. Rotate stocks and supplies as needed.
9. Change water as needed for best cleaning results.
10. Ensures items are air-dried before storing.
11. Keeps pot and pan storage racks clean including surround floor, walls and sinks.
12. Maintains work area in a clean, organized state.
13. Maintains a friendly courteous manner with fellow associates and guests.
14. May be asked to participate in any of the job responsibilities of the department to include but not limited to: dishwashing, silver cleaning, dish machine operation, food handling, dish-up, mopping floors, trash removal, transporting food or equipment and set-up for food functions.
15. Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens and baskets.
16. Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly including removing any paper and hosing down interior.
17. Washes and stores in proper places, all china, trays, silver and small equipment for the department.
18. Checks water temperature during dishwashing operation to ensure proper temperature.
19. Removes trash from dish room and places in dumpster.
20. Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
21. Cleans and keeps neat dish room area including detergent storage area and belt line from dining rooms.
22. Operates equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
23. Maintain a profession appearance throughout entire shift.
24. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. Ability to frequently lift, carry, push and pull up to 25-50 pounds
2. Ability to perform upward reaching, bending, kneeling and crawling motions
3. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
4. Regularly required to handle food and beverages
5. Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
6. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed