Banquet Server - On Call
- - Banquets
- MO, USA
- On Call
Banquet servers are responsible for meal set-up and serving meal events and coffee breaks with a high level of professionalism and service towards the guests. Banquet servers primarily report to Banquet Captains who are assigned to oversee individual food events.
- Provide guests with exceptional service.
- Responsible for setting up and labeling buffets as directed.
- Making sure all tables are set properly according to the BEO.
- Properly serving guests according to Marriott existing standards.
- Making sure glasses stay full of water and coffee is offered.
- Following the directions of the Captain for prework assignments and cleaning up after the events.
- To remain at the event location unless directed by the Captain or given permission to go elsewhere.
- Be aware of your scheduled time. There are times when servers will be released early or asked to stay over based on the timing of the event. If servers have multiple meal functions, servers should clock out between them if there is a gap.
- Dynamic personality. Inherent need to be of service to others. Able to fully execute Marriott standards of Brilliant Hosting.
- 1 or more years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a quality hotel property and in food service.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, staff and co-workers, to their understanding.
- Sufficient strength to carry 40 lbs. in food trays.
- Good mobility to deliver food to customers including bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting.