- - Engineering
- MO, USA
- Full Time
To enhance the guest experience and provide superior customer support as a hotel engineering technician. To support the engineering team by learning and fulfilling department goals and priorities. To conduct all engineering work necessary to preserve and protect the physical assets of the hotel.
1. Safety – All work performed will be done in a safe manner, properly adhering to hotel policies and practices. Support hotel safety culture. Work to identify, report, and resolve any unsafe conditions observed.
2. Guest Satisfaction – Strive to deliver excellent customer service to hotel guests as an engineering technician. Learn and embrace Marriott service culture and values. Use technology to respond to and resolve guest requests.
3. Preventive Maintenance – Perform preventative maintenance work as assigned using technology with a goal to keep all building equipment and finishes in excellent condition.
4. Interdepartmental Coordination – Support the function of other hotel departments. Perform duties and projects as assigned by management. Associate with and develop relationships with other hotel team members.
5. Emergency Procedures – Become familiar with the emergency action plan. When emergencies arise, act in whatever capacity will protect our guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the event. Support the Engineering department with any needed remediation.
6. Development – Take advantage of training and learning from other engineering team members. Train others as needed and assigned. Strive to become an engineering professional, able to analyze problems, and formulate and execute plans to get work done quickly and with a high degree of quality.
SPECIFIC JOB PREREQUISITES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. High school diploma and 2-5 years' experience in a facility management related field.
2. Formal training in a facility maintenance field or trade is required. (e.g. plant maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
3. Comfort with using technology to complete work assignments and communicate.
4. Ability to understand and speak English at a conversational level.
5. Must possess a high level of customer service and professional demeanor.
This position requires excellent skills in any three of the following categories, above average skills in three additional categories, and basic skills in the remaining categories:
- Systems & Controls
- Carpentry & Finish Skills
- Kitchen Equipment
- Energy Conservation
- General Building
JOB CONTEXT/PHYSICAL ABILITIES
1. Majority of job responsibilities focused on preventive maintenance and repair of physical components of the building.
2. The hotel operates 24/7 and associates must be flexible to adjust their schedule and regular shifts based on business demands.
3. Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. PPE provided where necessary.
4. Frequently required to use hand- and power tools in a safe, effective manner.
5. Required to reach, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
6. Required to use ladders, carts, stepstools, pallet jacks, etc
7. Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
8. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PPE provided where necessary.
9. 80% of work conducted indoors. 20% of work will be outdoors including accessing rooftops to perform preventative maintenance work, shoveling snow, making repairs to outdoor equipment, conducting inspections and other work as assigned.