Accounting Coordinator - Payroll
- - Accounting
- MO, USA
- Full Time
The primary responsibility of this entry level position is to perform accounting and financial duties and assist with the duties of the Accounting Payroll Manager. This position assists with responsibilities involving payroll management, auditing internal controls, reviewing invoices, preparing financial reports and e-folios, and assisting with associate payroll questions as well as guest inquiries/billing disputes. The ideal candidate would have proven organizational skills, an aptitude to create and modify systems and assist with trainings. In addition, this position would provide effective day to day support and analysis to the Accounting Department and Human Resources.
1. Assist in administering accurate payroll and timekeeping systems and maintain accurate records and historical reports.
2. Responsible for tracking charged tips for the Outlet employees during each pay period to ensure accurate disbursements on paychecks.
3. Be familiar with Wage and Hour Compliance Standards and have a full understanding of the critical payroll functions and accounting principles.
4. Assist with management and employee understanding of payroll procedures via training, development, and ongoing communication regarding the HCM system.
5. Responsible for calculating the banquet service charge tip pool for each week to ensure accurate distribution of service fees on associate's pay record.
6. Assist in overseeing and auditing the bi-weekly payroll, ensuring postings are accurate and the payroll preview is sound based on hotel's business volume and occupancy.
7. Partner with the Payroll Manager in providing effective accounting reporting and support with key hotel leaders, department heads, and Human Resources.
8. Assist with performing payroll audits, overtime analysis, payroll summaries and other analytical reports for Controller and Leadership Team.
9. Support 401(k) administration including organization of records, timely transmittal of deferrals and calculations of the annual employer match.
10. Partner with Human Resources team to participate in compensation surveys and analysis to maintain competitive wage/pay plans.
11. Other duties and projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or 1-2 years of experience.
2. Experience with payroll software and administration, HRIS systems, and Microsoft Office preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability, facilitation, organization, project management and communication skills.; able to work independently as well as participate in team assignments.
4. Self-directed, analytical and motivated to deliver exceptional results.