Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- - Housekeeping - Department Head
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Manages housekeeping functions and staff to ensure the property's guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping and Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping and laundry operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that hotel and brand standards and procedures are being followed, maintained, and are consistently improving.
Managing Housekeeping & Laundry Operations:
• Maintains strong working relationship with all departments, specifically the Front Office, Loss Prevention, and Engineering to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guestrooms, public space and employee areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
• Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including rooms, public areas, employee work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas, Fitness Center, garage and grounds.
• Works closely with Contract Labor agencies to assist in staffing quality and control labor costs.
• Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
Managing Departmental Costs:
• Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning supplies.
• Understands the importance of department's operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Keeps the Housekeeping and Laundry teams focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Other duties assigned my management.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
• Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Education and Experience:
• Hotel Housekeeping or Rooms Division management or supervisory experience is required and experience with in-house laundry operations is strongly preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED required, and a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major is preferred.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.