Cashier/Coffee Shop - PM Shift
- - Coffee Central
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Make specialty coffee drinks and cashier for the sundry shop, including sells of pastries, grab-and-go items, general travel necessities, etc.
1. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
2. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
3. Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc.
4. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Input orders into cash register system and collect payment from customer.
5. Take orders, record in MICROS system and prepare food and beverages.
6. Ensure that appliances (e.g., coffee makers) are turned on/off at the appropriate times.
7. Bus coffee shop areas and tables.
8. Obtain change required for expected business level.
9. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
10. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
11. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
12. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
13. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
14. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
15. Perform other reasonable job duties and projects as requested by Supervisors.
1. Ability to lift up to 15-30 pounds.
2. Ability to frequently push and pull up to 25-50 pounds, and perform upward reaching and bending motions
3. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
4. Regularly required to handle food and beverages.
5. Must be able to obtain a Missouri Liquor Card.
6. Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
7. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.
8. Organized and detail-oriented.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.