- - Banquets
- MO, USA
- Full Time
To administer and direct the operations of individual events and attend to the guests needs in the Kansas City Marriott Downtown Banquet function rooms. To develop excellent long-term relationships with new and existing customers through delivery of flawless guest services.
1. Oversees directly the Banquet room set-up services, giving special attention to the customer's requests and special guest accommodations.
2. Strives consistently to develop team unity and enthusiasm by all employees as well as high standards of service.
3. Keeps current on any new government regulations and ensures compliance with them and also with hotel policies and practices, including guest services and credit limits.
4. Supports and enforces all security measures.
5. Plans effective use of staff by careful utilization and scheduling; works closely with Stewarding and Beverage with effective communication. Holds pre-function meeting with servers to ensure all are briefed on the menu and dutes for that patricidal function.
6. Manages the Break-down of banquet services with efficient use of staff.
7. Is responsible for staff training and effective communication to all employees.
8. Ensures that all employees are treated fairly and that grievances are handled quickly.
9. Performs job appraisals and seeks internal candidates for promotion whenever possible.
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or similar field, or at least five years of Banquet operations experience.
2. Good organizational and administrative skills.
3. Tactful and friendly manner in dealing with both guests and staff.
4. Ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing.
5. Good judgment, creativity, and an enthusiastic attitude.
6. Available to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.