- - Metropolitan KC
- MO, USA
- Part Time
Greet all guests in a courteous and prompt manner and show them to a prepared table. Courteously and efficiently handle cash and credit transactions and cashier reports.
- Reports to work on time, neatly groomed in a clean and proper uniform with name tag and hair contained.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Greet the guest immediately upon arrival. Ask if they prefer a smoking or nonsmoking section. Escort guest to table, assist with seating and place menus at each place seated.
- Keeps menus clean and in good condition.
- Be familiar with all activities in the hotel so you are able to answer or obtain an answer to guests questions.
- Takes reservation request for the restaurant.
- Constantly check for available tables in the restaurant.
- Give all guests a friendly "thank you", "have a good day, afternoon or evening" as they are leaving the restaurant.
- Know all the daily "specials" and menu. Know procedure to change the "special" in MICROS.
- Counts bank and ensures its balance and accuracy.
- Collect cash from guest and distribute proper change.
- Takes all room charges from guests making sure they are legible and that room number appears on check. Check with MICROS to make sure name is correct and guest is allowed to charge.
- For credit card charges, check the expiration date and send it through the approval machine, and when it is approved have guest sign.
- Drop cash deposit in hotel safe and sign deposit slip with witness.
- Able to take charge when manager is away from floor.
- Assists with the answering of the telephones in a friendly and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Prior customer service experience
- Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Must be able to obtain a Missouri Liquor Card
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Regularly required to handle food and beverages
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Kansas City Marriott Downtown https://kcmarriott.plansource.com