- - Stewarding
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Assists in overseeing that daily stewarding assignments are accomplished to standards for Stewarding Department. Assisting with day-to-day stewarding operation as needed.
- Responsibilities for monitoring all F & B functions and reporting problems with equipment, supplies or other problems to Executive Steward or Assistant Executive Steward.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of all hotel policies, procedures and sanitation standards.
- Monitor usage chemicals and cleaning supplies to see that they are in line with established guidelines.
- Responsible for break-down, clean-up and storage of unused food items in hotboxes.
- Responsible for monitoring all Outlet dish room associates.
- Responsible for reporting to work on time, reporting to the supervisor at the beginning and end of each shift so work assignments can be made and work performance inspected.
- Maintains a clean and proper uniform and wearing own name tag; Presents a professional image.
- Maintains work area in a clean, organized state.
- Handles all hotel equipment with care.
- Performs job duties in a safe manner to minimize the probability of accidents and trains all associates to do the same.
- May be asked to participate in any of the job responsibilities of the department to include: dishwash, pot washing, silver cleaning, dish machine operation, food handling, dish-up, mopping floors, trash removal, transporting food or equipment and set-up for food function.
- Maintains a friendly, courteous manner with fellow associates and guest.
- Responsible for reporting any occurrences of an unusual or critical nature to supervisor.
- Responsible for direct training and work standards of team leaders, silver set-up, and utility stewards.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma required, preferred Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Food & Beverage leadership role, hotel stewarding experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, push and pull 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to perform upward reaching, bending, kneeling and crawling motions.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
- Regularly required to handle food and beverages.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.
Kansas City Marriott Downtown https://kcmarriott.plansource.com