Lead Event Set-up/ Banquet Houseperson
- - Banquets
- MO, USA
- Full Time
To lead the Banquet Houseman team, assuring that each banquet function in the hotel is properly set and maintained during the course of the meeting.
1. Participates in pre-shift meetings with management and housemen to determine responsibilities for the current shift.
2. Delegates job responsibilities to banquet houseman team to ensure proper execution in a timely manner.
3. Meets as needed with Management to review event requirements and BEOs. Confers about other services such as decorations, flowers, photographer, audiovisual facilities, and music or other entertainment, for set-up purposes.
4. Responsible for the maintenance and set-up of all space for banquets, meetings and exhibits.
5. Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and general appearance of all storage space, furniture and equipment.
6. Follows up with management throughout the shift on completion of tasks. At end of shift meets with management and incoming leads.
7. Responsible for training of new housemen and completing their individual training outline.
1. Preferred supervisory experience within the food service division.
2. Must be able to lift, push, and pull 25-50 lbs.
3. Good communication and organization skills. Ability to deal with demanding situations and personalities involving both clients and associates.
4. Ability to remain calm under pressure and unexpected occurrences in a fast-paced work environment.
5. Willingness to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays as required and to maintain a flexible schedule. Willing to work overtime if required for completion of timely tasks.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.