Loss Prevention & Guest Services - Overnight
- - Loss Prevention and VIP Services
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Promotes a safe work environment and exceptional customer service for guests and associates. Has a presence and promotes a brilliant host environment.
1. Be an Ambassador of the hotel to all guests, both internal and external, by being enthusiastic and embracing the Marriott corporate culture.
2. Greet guests and associates and assist guests with navigating the hotel.
3. Contribute ideas to the team and work as a team player.
4. Note and report unsafe working practices and recommend corrective action.
5. Maintain logbook, activity sheet entries, and file.
6. Participate in guard tour and other daily property system duties.
7. Monitor security cameras.
8. Participate on the emergency response team.
9. Assist guests with key assists & safe assists.
10. Answer the phone in a professional and courteous manner according to the Marriott Standard and respond to guest and associate inquiries.
11. Maintain the office in a neat and clean manner.
12. Engaged with hotel surveys, including GSS (including possible assistance handling responses to the surveys with 9's and 10's), ESS and AES.
13. Attend monthly department meetings and various hotel wide annual meetings.
14. Greet and identify visitors at service entrances, and issue and collect passes in accordance with procedure. Acknowledge departing associates and visitors and conduct bag checks.
15. Control and account for keys and other equipment given to associates.
16. Administer first aid and contact proper authorities as needed and prepare reports.
17. Be able to multi-task duties.
18. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. Previous customer service experience required.
2. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs Word and Excel.
3. Flexible schedule required including weekends, overnights and holidays.
4. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 25-50lbs with or without assistance.
5. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
6. Proficient in CPR and emergency procedures.
7. Must be able to obtain Commission Card from the Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.