- - Stewarding
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Assists in overseeing that daily stewarding assignments are accomplished to standards for Stewarding Department. Assisting with day-to-day stewarding operation as needed.
1. Responsibilities for monitoring all F & B functions and reporting problems with equipment, supplies or other problems to Executive Steward or Assistant Executive Steward.
2. Must have knowledge and understanding of all hotel policies, procedures and sanitation standards.
3. Monitor usage chemicals and cleaning supplies to see that they are in line with established guidelines.
4. Responsible for break-down, clean-up and storage of unused food items in hotboxes.
5. Responsible for monitoring all Outlet dish room associates.
6. Responsible for reporting to work on time, reporting to the supervisor at the beginning and end of each shift so work assignments can be made and work performance inspected.
7. Maintains a clean and proper uniform and wearing own name tag; Presents a professional image.
8. Maintains work area in a clean, organized state.
9. Handles all hotel equipment with care.
10. Performs job duties in a safe manner to minimize the probability of accidents and trains all associates to do the same.
11. May be asked to participate in any of the job responsibilities of the department to include: dishwash, pot washing, silver cleaning, dish machine operation, food handling, dish-up, mopping floors, trash removal, transporting food or equipment and set-up for food function.
12. Maintains a friendly, courteous manner with fellow associates and guest.
13. Responsible for reporting any occurrences of an unusual or critical nature to supervisor.
14. Responsible for direct training and work standards of team leaders, silver set-up, and utility stewards.
15. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. High School Diploma required, preferred Bachelor's degree.
2. Minimum 1 year of experience in Food & Beverage leadership role, hotel stewarding experience strongly preferred.
3. Ability to frequently lift, carry, push and pull 25-50 pounds with or without assistance.
4. Ability to perform upward reaching, bending, kneeling and crawling motions.
5. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time or an entire shift.
6. Regularly required to handle food and beverages.
7. Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
8. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.