Rooms Division Assistant Manager
- - Housekeeping - Department Head
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the administration and operation of the Rooms Division. Rooms Division functions include Housekeeping and Laundry, Front Office, and/or Loss Prevention and VIP Services. Directs and works with managers and employees to oversee the cleanliness of the property and protection of hotel, guests and associates and their property. Responsible for the highest level of guest service/satisfaction and ensures a safe and welcoming hotel for internal and external guests. Ensures that hotel and brand standards and procedures are being followed and consistently improving to maximize the financial performance of the hotel.
1. Serve as an ambassador of the hotel to all internal and external guests by enthusiastically embracing the Marriott corporate and workplace cultures, and setting an example for staff.
2. Keeps Rooms Division teams focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and desired financial results.
3. Directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute front office, housekeeping, and/or loss prevention day-to-day operations.
4. Advise key management of any irregularity in employee or guest behavior, theft or security measures.
5. Collaborate with key management on any unusual security measures or events.
6. First responder to engage and expedite any guest and associate issues concerning loss, damage, accidents, injuries or disputes. Manage guests and associate statements, investigations and interviews, as needed.
7. Responds to and handles guest problems, disputes or complaints timely and effectively.
8. Periodically inspect all hotel areas for security violations and cleanliness standards.
9. Assist Director with local police on matters of vice, gambling, theft, and special security requirements for unusual events and functions. Works closely with KCFD, Secret Service and other Loss Prevention or Security peers within the local community, as needed.
10. Partner with the Human Resources Department. Directly responsible for guest/associate safety and accident prevention programs. This includes reporting and investigation of associate accidents, reasonable suspicion and worker's compensation cases.
11. Ensures guestrooms, public spaces, employee areas, and hotel grounds/garage are cleaned according to operating standards, and maintains an effective cleanliness inspection program. Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies and standards.
12. Assists in the use of guest information tracking system to ensure a successful repeat guest recognition program and aid in problem resolution.
13. Manages employees for areas of responsibility, including providing guidance and feedback, monitoring performance, setting goals, and managing disciplinary procedures and documentation when necessary.
14. Reviews staffing levels for areas of responsibility to ensure guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
15. Supports hiring and training of employees to improve guest service and hotel operations.
16. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. 1-3 years previous Hotel Management or supervisory experience.
2. Bachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills with subordinates, peers and above level managers.
4. Previous proven problem resolution experience required.
5. Demonstrated ability to maintain composure, maintain confidentiality and lead during times of crisis.
6. Flexible schedule required including weekends, overnights and holidays.
7. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50lbs.
8. Must be able to sit, stand, walk and climb up and down stairs for long periods of time or during entire shift.
9. Proficient/certified in CPR and emergency procedures.
10. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs, Word and Excel.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, planning, organizing and multi-tasking skills required.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.