- - Restaurant Kitchen
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Works with the Restaurant Chef and Executive Chef to ensure proper production in all areas of the kitchen in order to ensure quality products for our guests. Oversees culinary operations for five food and beverage outlets.
1. Maintains food quality and services in accordance with standardized kitchen recipes and procedures for all culinary aspects of food and beverage outlets, including a full-service restaurant, ghost kitchen, executive lounge, A La Carte room service, bar and coffee shop.
2. Effectively operates the kitchen production and utility.
3. Maintains budgeted cost and profits of all the outlets.
4. Ensures records are enforced and all production charts are filled and pars are maintained.
5. Must take the lead in food and beverage sanitation and safety standards.
6. Assists in oversight and leadership of line cooks and culinary team.
7. Makes daily inspections of refrigerators to ensure food is stored and rotated, supervises production and service of food.
8. Should have good relations with kitchen and service personnel to keep a good balance between both staffs.
9. Responsible on a continuous basis to train all cooks and new associates. Develop a progressive training program.
10. Be familiar with policies related to the food and beverage department as well as daily and weekly administration duties in office, schedules, training activities and progress reports.
11. Responsible for opening and closing responsibilities of all refrigerators and storage areas.
12. Assists with menu development and seasonal offerings.
13. Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
1. Graduation from a culinary school or demonstration of previous successful culinary leadership experience.
2. Ability to promote a friendly environment and cohesive working relationship between the Kitchen and the Outlets service staff.
3. Enough strength and dexterity to handle heavy pots and pans and to operate kitchen equipment. Ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
4. Must have a Food handlers card provided by the Health Department in Missouri, this will be a proof of their food safety and sanitation knowledge.
5. Must get the Serv Safe accreditation during the first 6 months of employment.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.