Banquet Utility Truck Driver
- - Banquets
- MO, USA
- Full Time
To operate a light delivery/Box (or Panel) truck or similar vehicle to load, pick up and deliver items between two towers on a scheduled basis. Assist with Banquets department responsibilities, such as set-up and tear down functions.
1. Load and unload truck with equipment, tables, perishable, and non-perishable goods between the two towers according to an assigned scheduled, or as needed.
2. Determines most efficient order of delivery and prepares schedule showing order to be followed.
3. Consults with management in Banquets, Housekeeping and Engineering for truck schedule and necessary deliveries.
4. General maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of the vehicle.
5. Reports any mechanical problems to supervisor.
6. Assembles chairs, tables and general supplies and transports them to the work area.
7. Sets rooms exactly to set list and room diagrams; will ask for direction if details are unclear.
8. Uses care and proper safety techniques while handling all hotel equipment.
9. Understands all banquet set ups and procedures and has complete knowledge of all equipment.
10. Must work well with others within a team atmosphere.
11. Requests help in moving heavy furniture to ensure safe practices. Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions observed in assigned area to management.
12. Able to handle all guest request in a courteous and professional manner.
13. Responsible for proper maintenance of all equipment that pertains to the banquet set ups.
14. Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
1. One or more years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a quality hotel property.
2. Valid, current driver's license and clean driving record.
3. Able to attain a Class E License.
4. Ability to maintain simple logs and records.
5. Physical effort required by the job includes standing, bending, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting 25-50 pounds.
6. Must know how to use common housecleaning tools, such as mops, floor waxes and scouring pads, to keep areas clean and well serviced.
7. Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
8. Able to work flexible shifts and overtime when needed is preferred.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.