- - Housekeeping
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Maintains the high cleanliness standards of the hotel in assigned areas. Performs any combination of tasks to maintain the hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner.
1. Collects soiled linens from room attendant carts and guest room floors.
2. Separates soiled linen in service areas, place appropriately down chute or to Laundry.
3. Disposes of waste/recyclables from room attendants' carts, guest room floors and service areas.
4. Keeps areas dust free including door frames and light fixtures.
5. Sweeps and washes stairs, landings and stairwells.
6. Vacuums and dusts guest corridors and public areas.
7. Places guest requested items such as cribs, rollaway, bed boards, etc. in guest rooms.
8. Removes cribs, rollaway beds, glassware, etc. from guest room floors.
9. Delivers clean linen, glassware and other supplies to guest floors.
10. Maintains exterior cleanliness of guest elevator doors, ice and vending machines, interior windows and mirrors.
11. Spot cleaning of rugs, carpets, upholstery including the use of the shampooing machine.
12. Moves and arranges furniture, turns and places mattresses.
13. Report any engineering deficiencies.
14. Trained in the use of all equipment and chemicals used in your area.
15. Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
1. Physical strength and dexterity to operate necessary machinery and perform all required cleaning duties; jobs may require frequent bending, kneeling, repeated movement; must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
2. Neat appearance to represent hotel positively with guests.
3. Ability to read any special instructions and to understand labels on cleaning products.
4. Previous experience desirable but not required.
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran status, religion, genetic information, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are an individual needing reasonable accommodation, please contact your manager or Human Resource.